Visitors to Cooktown are sure to enjoy the gardens. Tourists can also enjoy the city's coffeehouses and musical theater.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodations in Cooktown
- The closest major airport is in Cooktown, QLD (CTN) 22.3 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Cooktown
Cultural venues in the city include Eliabeth Guzsely Gallery, James Cook Museum, and Nature's Powerhouse. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and these places to visit: Bicentennial Park, Cooktown Botanic Gardens, and Coral Sea. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Cook's Landing Tourist Centre and Cooktown History Centre.
Below is a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Hillcrest Guest House Cooktown - This 3-star guesthouse features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and overall value.
Dressing for Cooktown
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 89°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 74°F
- From April to June, the average is 85°F during the day and 67°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 66°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 89°F as the daytime average and 72°F as the nighttime average
- About 68.07 inches of rain falls on Cooktown each year
- January and December are usually the hottest months averaging 89°F, while July and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 67°F