Visitors can enjoy all that Canowindra has to offer including the golf courses, bars, and parks. Tourists can also enjoy the city's restaurants and museums.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodations in Canowindra
- The closest major airport is in Orange, NSW (OAG) 45.8 from the city center
- The next closest is in Parkes, NSW (PKE-Parkes Regional) 57.4 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Canowindra
Favorite places to visit in the city include Canowindra Golf Club, Canowindra Age of Fishes Museum, and Nangar National Park. You'll also find Windowrie Estate and Japanese War Cemetery in the area.
This is a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Old Vic Inn - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Canowindra
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 46°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 75°F, while the average at night is 34°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 68°F with nighttime averages of 32°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 84°F and nighttime averages of 41°F
- Canowindra gets about 1.02 inches of rain per year
- Usually January and February are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas August and July are often coldest, averaging 34°F