Search Bristol, England Hotels from AU$87
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Bristol, and visitors give high marks for the popular theater scene, shopping, and lively bar scene. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices and restaurants. Top sights in the city include Cabot Tower, SS Great Britain, and Bristol Cathedral.
- There are 188 hotels and other accommodations in Bristol
- The closest major airport is in Bristol (BRS-Bristol Intl.) 10 from the city center
- The next closest is in Cardiff (CWL-Cardiff Intl.) 51.1 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bristol
Well known for its theaters, the city's cultural venues include SS Great Britain, Bristol City Museum and Art Gallery, and Bristol Hippodrome Theatre. Families come for attractions such as We The Curious, Bristol Zoo, and Bristol Ice Rink. The city is notable for landmarks like Cabot Tower, Bristol Cathedral, and Queen Square.
In Bristol, you'll find 188 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Orchard Cottage Bed and Breakfast - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Aldwick Court Farm & Vineyard - This 3.5-star apartment features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- The Tithe Barn - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free valet parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and location.
Other favorite sights in Bristol include Bristol Theatre Royal, St. Peters Church, and St. Mary Redcliffe Church. In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Roman Baths, located 11.8 mi (18.9 from the heart of the city, and Bath Abbey, which is 11.8 mi (18.9 away.
Getting Around Bristol
If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Bristol Clifton Down Station, Bristol Bedminster Station, or Bristol Temple Meads Station. Bristol might not have many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Bristol
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 56°F during the day and 36°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 71°F, while the average at night is 43°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 73°F with nighttime averages of 51°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 63°F and nighttime averages of 37°F
- About 1.18 inches of rain falls on Bristol each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 72°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 37°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Bristol?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Bristol, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Bristol?
What's the best place to stay for a family holiday in Bristol?
What's the best hotel for a couple visiting Bristol?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Bristol?
What's the best hotel for a beach holiday in Bristol?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Bristol?
What's the best boutique-style accommodation in Bristol?
What's the best accommodation for a golf trip to Bristol?
What are some hotels with pools in Bristol?
Recent Reviews in Bristol
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Bristol airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Bristol?
- Where to stay near top Bristol attractions?
- More accommodation types in Bristol
- What kind of hotels are in Bristol?
- Which hotel chains are in Bristol?
- What are the most popular hotels in Bristol?
- Are there hotels near Bristol?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends