Search Anchorage, Alaska Hotels from AU$93
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 2 Oct. 2020
Reviewed on 13 Sep. 2020
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Anchorage, and visitors give high marks for the fascinating museums and magnificent mountain views. This city also attracts tourists with its festivals and art. Top sights in the city include Sullivan Arena, Kincaid Park, and Iditarod Trail Headquarters.
- There are 225 hotels and other accommodations in Anchorage
- The closest major airport is in Anchorage, AK (MRI-Merrill Field) 3.4 from the city center
- The next closest is in Anchorage, AK (ANC-Ted Stevens Anchorage Intl.) 6.8 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Anchorage
Known for its museums, festivals, and art, the city's cultural venues include Alaska Experience Theatre, Alaska Center for the Performing Arts, and Log Cabin Visitor Information Center. The hiking trails, glaciers, and mountain views highlight the city's natural beauty, and Kincaid Park, Town Square Municipal Park, and The Rooftop are worth a visit. Other notable sights to explore include Sullivan Arena and Iditarod Trail Headquarters.
In Anchorage, there are 225 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Pioneer Ridge Bed & Breakfast Inn - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast.
- Moose Wallow Cabins - Our customers like the comfortable rooms and location at this property. Amenities in this 3-star cabin include a kitchen, free WiFi, and a balcony.
- Fireweed Manor Bed and Breakfast - Guests who stay at this 2.5-star bed & breakfast in Midtown Anchorage can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and quiet location.
Getting Around Anchorage
If you want to journey outside of the area, hop aboard a train from Anchorage Alaska Railroad Depot, Wasilla Alaska Railroad Depot, or Girdwood Alaska Railroad Depot. Anchorage might not have as many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Anchorage
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 40°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 8°F
- From April to June, the average is 67°F during the day and 24°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 68°F during the day and 37°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 50°F as the daytime average and 10°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Anchorage is 17.64 inches
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 66°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 10°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Anchorage?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Anchorage, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Anchorage?
What's the best hotel for a family holiday in Anchorage?
What's the best accommodation for a couple visiting Anchorage?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Anchorage?
What's the best high-end hotel in Anchorage?
What's the best boutique-style accommodation in Anchorage?
What's the best hotel for a golf holiday in Anchorage?
What's the best hotel for a winter holiday in Anchorage?
Recent Reviews in Anchorage
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Anchorage airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Anchorage?
- Where to stay near top Anchorage attractions?
- More accommodation types in Anchorage
- What kind of hotels are in Anchorage?
- Which hotel chains are in Anchorage?
- What are the most popular hotels in Anchorage?
- Are there hotels near Anchorage?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends