Visiting American River
Visitors to American River are sure to enjoy the riverfront and restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its relaxing and tucked away setting.
- There are 6 hotels and other accommodations in American River
- The closest major airport is in Kangaroo Island, SA (KGC-Kingscote) 23.5 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in American River
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and Buick Point. Additionally, you might want to add The Oyster Farm Shop to your agenda.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in American River. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Casuarina Coastal Units - Amenities at this 2.5-star apartment include free parking and an in-room kitchen.
- Mercure Kangaroo Island Lodge - Our customers like the helpful staff at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
Dressing for American River
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 86°F and the nighttime average to be 56°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 76°F during the day and 46°F at night
- July through September averages 69°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 84°F during the day and 49°F at night
- American River gets about 21.02 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 85°F, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 46°F