Visiting Emu Bay
Visitors to Emu Bay are sure to find plenty to explore and enjoy. This city's welcoming locals also attracts tourists.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodations in Emu Bay
- The closest major airport is in Kangaroo Island, SA (KGC-Kingscote) 13.4 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Emu Bay
Places to visit in the larger region include Kangaroo Island Spirits, Soldiers Memorial Park, and Hope Cottage Museum. In the area, you'll also find Kingscote Tidal Pool and Kangaroo Island Penguin Centre.
As you make plans for a getaway to Emu Bay, the best accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but there are 12 hotels and lodging options locally. Here you'll find a few of the places to stay in the surrounding area:
- A Dune Escape is 1.5 mi from the center of Emu Bay. This 3-star apartment in Emu Bay features free WiFi and free parking. Our customers like its comfortable beds.
- Searenity Holiday Accommodation is 1.5 mi from central Emu Bay. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Kingscote can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its beach locale and comfortable rooms.
- Aurora Ozone Hotel is located 7.7 mi from the heart of Emu Bay. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star motel in Kingscote can enjoy access to free parking and conference space, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its beach locale and helpful staff.
Dressing for Emu Bay
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 86°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 56°F
- From April to June, the average is 76°F during the day and 46°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 69°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 84°F as the daytime average and 49°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Emu Bay is 21.02 inches
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 85°F, while July and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 46°F