Visiting Zion National Park
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Zion National Park, and visitors give high marks for the beautiful parks and riverfront. This city also attracts tourists with its scenic landscape.
- There are 119 hotels and other accommodations in Zion National Park
- The closest major airport is in St. George, UT (SGU) 50 from the city center
- The next closest is in Cedar City, UT (CDC-Cedar City Regional) 56 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Zion National Park
The hiking trails, parks, and mountain views highlight the city's natural beauty, and Zion National Park South Entrance, Canyon Overlook Trail, and Pine Creek Canyon Trailhead are worth a visit. Camping is one of the top activities, while Chinle Trail, Kanab trailhead, and Temple of Sinawava Trail are favorite sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Zion Canyon Visitor Center and Zion Human History Museum.
In Zion National Park, there are 119 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Desert Pearl Inn - This 3.5-star hotel in Zion National Park South Entrance features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Canyon Vista Lodge - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable rooms at this guesthouse. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star guesthouse in Zion National Park South Entrance can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Novel House Inn - This 3-star guesthouse in Zion National Park South Entrance features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and quiet location.
Dressing for Zion National Park
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 62°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 20°F
- From April to June, the average is 92°F during the day and 33°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 93°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 77°F as the daytime average and 20°F as the nighttime average
- Zion National Park gets about 13.66 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 91°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 22°F