Visitors to Wynyard are sure to enjoy the bars and riverfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's seafood restaurants, golf courses, and coffeehouses.
- There are 7 hotels and other accommodations in Wynyard
- The closest major airport is in Burnie, TAS (BWT) 2.1 from the city center
- The next closest is in Devonport, TAS (DPO) 61.8 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Wynyard
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and these places to visit: East Wynard Beach, Fossil Bluff, and Table Cape Tulip Farm. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Wynyard Golf Course and Wonders of Wynyard Exhibition Center.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Wynyard. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Alexandria Bed & Breakfast - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- Leisure Ville Holiday Centre - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and helpful staff at this campground. With a stay at this 3.5-star campground, guests can enjoy access to an indoor pool and free parking, along with in-room LCD TVs.
- Burnie Airport Motel - This 3.5-star motel features a restaurant, free parking, and a bar. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean rooms.
Dressing for Wynyard
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 70°F during the day and 52°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 66°F, while the average at night is 43°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 59°F with nighttime averages of 42°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 68°F and nighttime averages of 45°F
- Wynyard gets about 38.07 inches of rain per year
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 69°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 43°F