Visitors to Penguin are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy all the city has to offer including its parks.
- There are 10 hotels and other accommodations in Penguin
- The closest major airport is in Devonport, TAS (DPO) 31.3 from the city center
- The next closest is in Burnie, TAS (BWT) 32 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Penguin
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Mount Montgomery State Reserve and Dial Range Forest Reserve. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Penguin Undercover Market and Penguin Tourist Information Centre.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Penguin. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Penguin Beachfront Apartments - With a stay at this 3.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a terrace, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and room size.
- Glenbrook House and Cottage - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with a private living room.
- Madsen Retreat - This 3.5-star guesthouse features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
Getting Around Penguin
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Penguin Station. Penguin may not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Penguin
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 70°F during the day and 52°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 66°F, while the average at night is 43°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 59°F with nighttime averages of 42°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 68°F and nighttime averages of 45°F
- About 38.07 inches of rain falls on Penguin each year
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 69°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 43°F