Families will find kid-friendly activities in Whitianga, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. This walkable city also attracts tourists with its spas. In Whitianga, there are 30 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Whitianga
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Buffalo Beach. Taking a ferry is a top activity, and Mercury Bay Golf & Country Club is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Lost Spring Thermal Pools and Mercury Bay Museum.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 30 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Whitianga. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Ohuka Place Homestay - With a stay at this 3.5-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast.
- Andreas Bed & Breakfast - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this B&B. This 4-star bed & breakfast features free WiFi, free parking, and a terrace.
- Pipi Dune Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Dressing for Whitianga
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 73°F during the day and 57°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 68°F, while the average at night is 47°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 61°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 71°F and nighttime averages of 50°F
- About 49.25 inches of rain falls on Whitianga each year
- Usually January and February are the hottest months with an average of 72°F, whereas August and July are often coldest, averaging 46°F