Search Wanaka, Otago Hotels from AU$75
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Wanaka, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting, magnificent mountain views, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its ski areas.
- There are 79 hotels and other accommodations in Wanaka
- The closest major airport is in Wanaka (WKA) 11.9 from the city center
- The next closest is in Queenstown (ZQN-Queenstown Intl.) 48.4 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Wanaka
The lakeside, hiking trails, and mountain views highlight the city's natural beauty, and Lake Wanaka, Pembroke Park, and Mount Iron Lookout are worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Wanaka Beerworks and Wanaka Transport & Toy Museum.
In Wanaka, you'll be able to select from 79 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Lime Tree Lodge - With a stay at this 5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to a golf course and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast.
- Lakeside Apartments - This 5-star apartment features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Wanaka Haven - With a stay at this 5-star lodge, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and quiet location.
Dressing for Wanaka
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 70°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 47°F
- From April to June, the average is 64°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 60°F during the day and 35°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 70°F as the daytime average and 42°F as the nighttime average
- About 1.42 inches of rain falls on Wanaka each year
- January and December are usually the hottest months averaging 69°F, while July and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 36°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Wanaka?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Wanaka, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Wanaka?
What's the best place to stay for a family holiday in Wanaka?
What's the best hotel for a romantic getaway to Wanaka?
What's the best hotel for a beach holiday in Wanaka?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Wanaka?
What's the best boutique hotel in Wanaka?
What's the best place to stay if I'm looking to play golf in Wanaka?
What's the best hotel for a ski holiday in Wanaka?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Wanaka?
Recent Reviews in Wanaka
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Wanaka airport?
- Where to stay near top Wanaka attractions?
- More accommodation types in Wanaka
- What kind of hotels are in Wanaka?
- Which hotel chains are in Wanaka?
- What are the most popular hotels in Wanaka?
- Are there hotels near Wanaka?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends