Families will find kid-friendly activities in Urangan, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its relaxing and welcoming setting.
- There are 26 hotels and other accommodations in Urangan
- The closest major airport is in Hervey Bay, QLD (HVB) 2.2 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Urangan
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Hervey Bay Botanic Garden and Great Sandy Strait. Top activities include exploring the waterfront and whale watching, while Esplanade and Great Sandy Straits Marina are sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Reefworld Aquarium and Reef World.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 26 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Urangan. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Barooga On Pier - Amenities at this 4.5-star bed & breakfast include free parking and a private spa tub.
- The Beachside Cottages - This 4.5-star cottage features free WiFi, free parking, and a terrace.
- Five 3 Five - The Beachside Barracks - With a stay at this 3.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a terrace, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its beach locale.
Dressing for Urangan
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 81°F during the day and 69°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 78°F, while the average at night is 56°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 75°F with nighttime averages of 56°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 81°F and nighttime averages of 63°F
- Urangan gets about 37.91 inches of rain per year
- Usually December and January are the hottest months with an average of 81°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 57°F