Families will find kid-friendly activities in Thiruvananthapuram, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. This culturally-rich city also attracts tourists with its temples.
- There are 109 hotels and other accommodations in Thiruvananthapuram
- The closest major airport is in Thiruvananthapuram (TRV-Trivandrum Intl.) 3.2 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Thiruvananthapuram
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Samudra Beach Park, Kovalam Beach, and Hawah Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Shri Padmanabhaswamy Temple and Trivandrum Secretariat.
In Thiruvananthapuram, there are 109 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Taj Green Cove Resort & Spa Kovalam - With a stay at this 5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 3 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and helpful staff.
- Vasudevam - Our customers like the helpful staff at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Niraamaya Surya Samudra - This 5-star resort features a full-service spa, a private beach, and 2 restaurants. Expedia customers like its dining options and beach locale.
Getting Around Thiruvananthapuram
If you want to journey outside of the city, ride aboard a train from Thiruvananthapuram Central Station, Thiruvananthapuram Pettah Station, or Thiruvananthapuram Kochuveli Station. Thiruvananthapuram might not have as many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Thiruvananthapuram
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 92°F during the day and 72°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 92°F, while the average at night is 74°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 74°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 90°F and nighttime averages of 73°F
- Thiruvananthapuram gets about 2.52 inches of rain per year
- Usually March and April are the hottest months with an average of 92°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 73°F