Families will find kid-friendly activities in Kovalam, and visitors give high marks for the seaside. Relaxing and culturally-rich, this city also attracts tourists with its spas.
- There are 39 hotels and other accommodations in Kovalam
- The closest major airport is in Thiruvananthapuram (TRV-Trivandrum Intl.) 12.6 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Kovalam
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the seaside and these places to visit: Vizhinjam Beach, Lighthouse Beach, and Hawah Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Kovalam Beach and Samudra Beach Park.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 39 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Kovalam. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Taj Green Cove Resort & Spa Kovalam - With a stay at this 5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 3 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and helpful staff.
- Niraamaya Surya Samudra - Our customers like the dining options and beach locale at this resort. This 5-star resort features a full-service spa, a private beach, and 2 restaurants.
- Thapovan Heritage Home - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with a private balcony.
Dressing for Kovalam
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 92°F and the nighttime average to be 72°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 92°F during the day and 74°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 74°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 90°F during the day and 73°F at night
- Kovalam gets about 2.52 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually April and March with an average temperature of 92°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 73°F