Search Tauranga, Bay of Plenty Region Hotels from AU$122
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Tauranga, and visitors give high marks for the abundant cafés, beaches, and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its parks.
- There are 73 hotels and other accommodations in Tauranga
- The closest major airport is in Tauranga (TRG) 7.1 from the city center
- The next closest is in Rotorua (ROT-Rotorua Regional) 44.9 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Tauranga
Families come for attractions such as Tenpin Tauranga, Tauranga South Bowling Club, and Waimarino Adventure Park. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Memorial Park, Fernland Spa, and Oropi Hot Pools. Exploring the waterfront is a top activity, and Mount Maunganui Summit Track is one place to visit.
In Tauranga, there are 73 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- 850 Cameron Motel - This 4.5-star motel features free WiFi, free parking, and a café. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Seascape Villa Bed & Breakfast - Our customers like the breakfast and quiet location at this B&B. With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Harbour City Motor Inn - With a stay at this 2.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a spa tub, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and location.
Dressing for Tauranga
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 73°F during the day and 57°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 68°F, while the average at night is 47°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 61°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 71°F and nighttime averages of 50°F
- About 49.25 inches of rain falls on Tauranga each year
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 72°F, whereas August and July are often coldest, averaging 46°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Tauranga?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Tauranga, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Tauranga?
What's the best place to stay for families in Tauranga?
What's the best place to stay for a couple going to Tauranga?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Tauranga?
What's the best place to stay for a beach holiday in Tauranga?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Tauranga?
What's the best boutique-style accommodation in Tauranga?
What's the best place to stay if I'm looking to play golf in Tauranga?
Recent Reviews in Tauranga
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Tauranga airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Tauranga?
- Where to stay near top Tauranga attractions?
- More accommodation types in Tauranga
- What kind of hotels are in Tauranga?
- Which hotel chains are in Tauranga?
- What are the most popular hotels in Tauranga?
- Are there hotels near Tauranga?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends