Visitors to Swansea are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy all the city has to offer including its shopping. Roger Williams Park Zoo, Kennedy Plaza, and Rhode Island State Capitol Building are some of the top sights around the area. The closest major airport is in Providence, RI (PVD-T.F. Green) 19 from the city center. The next closest is in New Bedford, MA (EWB-New Bedford Regional) 23.1 away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Swansea
A favorite place to visit in the city is Coles River Family Fun Center. Additionally, in the area you'll find Roger Williams Park Zoo and Kennedy Plaza.
Here's a top rated accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Swansea - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Rhode Island State Capitol Building, located 11.5 mi (18.6 from the city center, and Buttonwood Park Zoo, which is 16.2 mi (26 away.
Dressing for Swansea
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 53°F and the nighttime average to be 18°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 81°F during the day and 33°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 68°F during the day and 20°F at night
- Swansea gets about 48.74 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 82°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 20°F