Families will find kid-friendly activities in Newton, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants, college vibe, and riverfront. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its sporting events. Around the area, top sights include Harvard Square, Fenway Park, and Boston Museum of Fine Arts.
- You'll find 1196 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Boston
- The closest major airport is in Bedford, MA (BED-Laurence G. Hanscom Field) 15.8 from the city center
- The next closest is in Boston, MA (BOS-Logan Intl.) 16.4 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Newton
A favorite place to visit in the city is Jackson Homestead and Museum. In the area, you'll also find Harvard Square and Fenway Park.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Newton. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Chesley Road Bed and Breakfast - Guests who stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast in Newton Center can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free Internet.
- Boston Marriott Newton - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and bar at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel in Auburndale features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and a fitness center.
- Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Auburndale can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its central location and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Boston Museum of Fine Arts, located 6.1 mi (9.8 from the heart of the city, and Hynes Convention Center, which is 6.6 mi (10.7 away.
Getting Around Newton
With so many transportation options, exploring all of Newton is easy. Take advantage of metro transit at Newton Highlands Station, Waban Station, and Newton Centre Station. If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Newtonville Station, West Newton Station, or Newton Auburndale Station.
Dressing for Newton
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 52°F and the nighttime average to be 16°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 82°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 68°F during the day and 17°F at night
- About 47.05 inches of rain falls on Newton each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 81°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 18°F