Visiting South Alligator River
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring South Alligator River, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the restaurants and bars. Tourists can also enjoy all the city has to offer including its waterfalls.
Sightseeing and Staying in South Alligator River
A couple of favorite places to visit are Mamukala Wetlands and Kakadu National Park. You'll also find Yellow Water Billabong and Warradjan Cultural Centre in the area.
This is a top accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Aurora Kakadu - This 3-star motel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for South Alligator River
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 92°F during the day and 75°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 91°F, while the average at night is 60°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 96°F with nighttime averages of 60°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 98°F and nighttime averages of 78°F
- About 1.50 inches of rain falls on South Alligator River each year
- Usually October and November are the hottest months with an average of 96°F, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 62°F