Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
Reviewed on 20 Jan. 2021
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 12 Dec. 2020
Reviewed on 14 Jan. 2021
Reviewed on 19 Jan. 2021
Where to stay in Seattle
Travelers to Seattle give high marks for the popular theater scene, renowned art, and shopping. Vibrant and scenic, this city will delight tourists with its parks, museums, and entertainment choices. Top sights in the city include Nordstrom, Pike Place Market, and Space Needle.
- There are 857 hotels and other accommodations in Seattle
- The closest major airport is in Seattle, WA (LKE-Lake Union) 1.8 from the city center
- The next closest is in Renton, WA (RNT-Renton Municipal) 16.9 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Seattle
Known for its theaters, art, and museums, the city's cultural venues include Museum of Pop Culture, Marion Oliver McCaw Hall, and Moore Theater. Attractions like Space Needle, Seattle Great Wheel, and Woodland Park Zoo are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Pike Place Market, Columbia Center, and Seattle Center.
In Seattle, you'll find 857 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Ballard - Our customers like the central location and helpful staff at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Ballard can enjoy access to 2 indoor pools and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Bellevue Private Queen Room - Amenities in this 3-star guesthouse include a kitchenette, free WiFi, and a private yard. Expedia customers like its quiet location and comfortable beds.
Other favorite sights in Seattle include Nordstrom, Washington State Convention Center, and CenturyLink Field. Outside the city, popular places to see include Museum of Glass, located 25.7 mi (41.3 from the city center, and Emerald Downs, which is 20.1 mi (32.3 away.
Getting Around Seattle
With so many transportation options, seeing all of Seattle is easy. You can access metro transit at Westlake Station, Westlake Ave Hub Station, and University Street Station. To explore the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Seattle King Street Station or Edmonds Station.
Dressing for Seattle
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 56°F and the nighttime average to be 36°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 73°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September averages 77°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 65°F during the day and 35°F at night
- About 39.84 inches of rain falls on Seattle each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 75°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 36°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Seattle?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Seattle, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Seattle?
What's the best hotel for a family trip to Seattle?
What's the best accommodation for couples in Seattle?
What is the favourite LGBTQ-friendly hotel in Seattle?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Seattle?
What's the best place to stay for a beach holiday in Seattle?
What's the best high-end hotel in Seattle?
What's the best boutique accommodation in Seattle?
What's the best accommodation for a golf trip to Seattle?
Recent Reviews in Seattle
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Seattle airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Seattle?
- Where to stay near top Seattle attractions?
- More accommodation types in Seattle
- What kind of hotels are in Seattle?
- Which hotel chains are in Seattle?
- What are the most popular hotels in Seattle?
- Are there hotels near Seattle?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends