Search Scarborough, England Hotels from AU$53
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 18 Oct. 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Scarborough, and visitors give high marks for the seaside, relaxing spas, and entertainment choices. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its theaters. A top sight in the area is Whitby Abbey. In Scarborough, there are 125 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Scarborough
Well known for its theaters, the city's cultural venues include YMCA Theatre, Rotunda Museum, and Scarborough Maritime Heritage Centre. Families come for attractions such as Stephen Joseph Theatre, Spa Cliff Lift, and South Cliff Italian Gardens. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the seaside and these places to visit: South Bay Beach, Peasholm Park, and North Bay Beach.
In Scarborough, you'll find 125 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Croft - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Toulson Court - Guest house - Our customers like the breakfast and clean rooms at this guesthouse. This 3-star guesthouse features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- St Michael's Guest House - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a terrace. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
A popular place to see outside the city is Whitby Abbey, located 16.5 mi (26.6 from the center of the city.
Getting Around Scarborough
With so many choices for transportation, exploring all of Scarborough is a breeze. To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Scarborough Station or Scarborough Seamer Station. You can learn about water travel options at the port.
Dressing for Scarborough
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 53°F during the day and 35°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 68°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 72°F with nighttime averages of 47°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 61°F and nighttime averages of 34°F
- About 0.71 inches of rain falls on Scarborough each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 70°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 35°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Scarborough?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Scarborough, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Scarborough?
What's the best hotel for a family holiday to Scarborough?
What's the best place to stay for a couple going to Scarborough?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Scarborough?
What's the best hotel for a beach holiday in Scarborough?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Scarborough?
What's the best boutique-style accommodation in Scarborough?
What's the best hotel for a golf holiday in Scarborough?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Scarborough?
Recent Reviews in Scarborough
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Scarborough airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Scarborough?
- Where to stay near top Scarborough attractions?
- More accommodation types in Scarborough
- Which hotel chains are in Scarborough?
- What are the most popular hotels in Scarborough?
- Are there hotels near Scarborough?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends