Search Sapporo, Hokkaido Hotels from AU$29
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 21 Jul. 2020
Reviewed on 17 Oct. 2020
Travelers to Sapporo give high marks for the festivals and shopping. Tourists who journey to this scenic city can discover its seafood restaurants, sightseeing tours, and breweries. Top sights in the city include Sapporo JR Tower, Sapporo Beer Museum, and Historical Museum of Hokkaido.
- There are 219 hotels and other accommodations in Sapporo
- The closest major airport is in Sapporo (OKD-Okadama) 6 from the city center
- The next closest is in Sapporo (CTS-New Chitose) 40.7 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sapporo
Well known for its festivals, the city's cultural venues include Sapporo Beer Museum, Historical Museum of Hokkaido, and Hokkaido Museum of Modern Art. The city is notable for landmarks like Sapporo JR Tower, Clock Tower, and Former Hokkaido Government Office Building. The city's natural beauty is on display at Odori Park, Moerenuma Park, and Soseigawa Park.
In Sapporo, there are 219 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Lakeside Villa Suimeikaku - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free Internet. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Lake Shikotsu Tsuruga Resort Spa MIZU no UTA - Our customers like the quiet location and helpful staff at this resort. With a stay at this 4-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi.
- Jozankei Tsuruga Resort Spa MORI no UTA - This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant. Expedia customers like its helpful staff.
Other favorite sights in Sapporo include Sapporo TV Tower, Hokkaido Shrine, and Mt. Okura Ski Jump Stadium.
Getting Around Sapporo
With so many ways to get around, seeing all of Sapporo is easy. Nearby metro stations include Odori Station, Sapporo Metro Station, and Bus Center-mae Station. If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Daido station, Sapporo Station, or Sapporo Soen Station.
Dressing for Sapporo
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 46°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 19°F
- From April to June, the average is 69°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 78°F during the day and 50°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 67°F as the daytime average and 22°F as the nighttime average
- About 46.30 inches of rain falls on Sapporo each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 74°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 21°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Sapporo?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Sapporo, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Sapporo?
What's the best hotel for families in Sapporo?
What's the best place to stay for a couple going to Sapporo?
What's the best hotel for a beach holiday in Sapporo?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Sapporo?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Sapporo?
What's the best golf hotel in Sapporo?
Where's the best place to stay for a winter holiday in Sapporo?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Sapporo?
Recent Reviews in Sapporo
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Sapporo airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Sapporo?
- Where to stay near top Sapporo attractions?
- More accommodation types in Sapporo
- What kind of hotels are in Sapporo?
- Which hotel chains are in Sapporo?
- What are the most popular hotels in Sapporo?
- Are there hotels near Sapporo?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends