Search Sandton, Johannesburg - Gauteng Hotels from AU$60
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 18 Oct. 2020
Reviewed on 27 Jan. 2020
Reviewed on 28 Dec. 2019
Travelers to Sandton give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This tucked away city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices. Top sights in the city include Sandton City Mall and Montecasino.
- You'll find 991 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Johannesburg
- The closest major airport is in Johannesburg (HLA-Lanseria) 18.8 from the city center
- The next closest is in Johannesburg (JNB-O.R. Tambo Intl.) 19.8 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sandton
The city's cultural venues include Peacemaker Museum and Pieter Toerien Theatre. Attractions like Montecasino and Montecasino Bird Gardens are fun for everyone, not just kids. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Sandton City Mall, Nelson Mandela Square, and Hyde Park Corner.
In Sandton, you'll be able to select from 200 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- AtholPlace Hotel & Villa - This 5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and proximity to the airport.
- Saxon Hotel, Villas and Spa - Our customers like the dining options and pool at this hotel. With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with a free stocked minibar.
- The Oasis Boutique Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
Top places to see outside the city include Gold Reef City, located 12.4 mi (19.9 from the heart of the city, and South African Museum of Military History, which is 7.1 mi (11.4 away.
Getting Around Sandton
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Johannesburg Sandton Station. Sandton may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Sandton
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 79°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 49°F
- From April to June, the average is 74°F during the day and 29°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 75°F during the day and 29°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 78°F as the daytime average and 47°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Sandton is 0.94 inches
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while June and July are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 31°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Sandton?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Sandton, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Sandton?
What's the best accommodation option for families in Sandton?
What's the best hotel for a couple going to Sandton?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Sandton?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Sandton?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Sandton?
What's the best place to stay if I'm looking to play golf in Sandton?
What are some hotels with pools in Sandton?
Recent Reviews in Sandton
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Sandton airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Sandton?
- Where to stay near top Sandton attractions?
- More accommodation types in Sandton
- What kind of hotels are in Sandton?
- Which hotel chains are in Sandton?
- What are the most popular hotels in Sandton?
- Are there hotels near Sandton?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends