Search San Gimignano, Tuscany Hotels from AU$66
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Visiting San Gimignano
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in San Gimignano, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the wineries. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, cafés, and cathedral. Top sights around the area include Collegiate Church of Santa Maria Assunta, Roman Theatre, and Piazza dei Priori.
- There are 202 hotels and other accommodations in San Gimignano
- The closest major airport is in Florence (FLR-Peretola) 39.3 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in San Gimignano
Cultural venues in the city include Museo Civico, San Gimignano Communal Palace, and Museum of Sacred Art. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Collegiate Church of Santa Maria Assunta, Torre Grossa, and Loggia del Comune. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Piazza della Cisterna and Torre Rognosa.
In San Gimignano, there are 202 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Torraccia di Chiusi - With a stay at this farm stay in Val d'Elsa, guests can enjoy access to a winery and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
- La Fornace di Racciano - Our customers like the pool and helpful staff at this townhouse accommodation. This townhouse accommodation in Val d'Elsa features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Casanova di Pescille - This farm stay in Val d'Elsa features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Roman Theatre, located 10.2 mi (16.4 from the heart of the city, and Piazza dei Priori, which is 10.3 mi (16.5 away.
Dressing for San Gimignano
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 66°F and the nighttime average to be 43°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 88°F during the day and 49°F at night
- July through September averages 92°F during the day and 61°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 78°F during the day and 45°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for San Gimignano is 31.22 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 44°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in San Gimignano?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in San Gimignano, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation option for a family holiday in San Gimignano?
What's the best accommodation for a couple visiting San Gimignano?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in San Gimignano?
What's the best luxury accommodation option in San Gimignano?
What's the best boutique-style accommodation in San Gimignano?
What's the best accommodation in San Gimignano that's close to historical sites?
Recent Reviews in San Gimignano
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the San Gimignano airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of San Gimignano?
- Where to stay near top San Gimignano attractions?
- More accommodation types in San Gimignano
- What kind of hotels are in San Gimignano?
- Which hotel chains are in San Gimignano?
- What are the most popular hotels in San Gimignano?
- Are there hotels near San Gimignano?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends