Visitors to Sainte-Maxime are sure to enjoy the waterfront and golf courses. Tourists can also enjoy the city's spas and coffeehouses. Saint Tropez Citadel, Frejus Amphitheatre, and Frejus Cathedral are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 592 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Sainte-Maxime - Saint-Tropez
- The closest major airport is in Toulon (TLN-Toulon - Hyeres) 45.7 from the city center
- The next closest is in Nice (NCE-Cote d'Azur) 61.1 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sainte-Maxime
The city's natural beauty is on display at Sainte-Maxime Beach, La Croisette Beach, and Saint-Tropez Gulf. Top activities include taking a ferry and golfing, while Sainte-Maxime Golf Club is one place to visit. Additionally, you might want to add Nartelle Beach to your agenda.
In Sainte-Maxime, there are 89 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- HOTEL ROYAL BON REPOS - This 3-star hotel in Sainte-Maxime City Centre features free WiFi, a bar, and a café.
- Hôtel La Plage - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a private beach and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Le Petit Prince - This 3-star hotel in Sainte-Maxime City Centre features a casino, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and convenient parking.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Saint Tropez Citadel, located 2.5 mi (4 from the heart of the city, and Frejus Amphitheatre, which is 9.8 mi (15.8 away.
Dressing for Sainte-Maxime
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 61°F during the day and 38°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 80°F, while the average at night is 44°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 55°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 73°F and nighttime averages of 39°F
- Average annual rainfall for Sainte-Maxime is 0.91 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 38°F