Search Oslo, Viken Hotels from AU$97
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 10 Jul. 2020
Travelers to Oslo give high marks for the fascinating museums, shopping, and popular theater scene. This city also attracts tourists with its local tours, art, and restaurants. Top sights in the city include Oslo Opera House, Karl Johan Street, and Royal Palace.
- There are 173 hotels and other accommodations in Oslo
- The closest major airport is in Oslo (OSL-Gardermoen) 37 from the city center
- The next closest is in Sandefjord (TRF-Torp) 86 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Oslo
Known for its museums, theaters, and art, the city's cultural venues include Oslo Opera House, Munch Museum, and Viking Ship Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Oslo Cathedral, Akershus Fortress, and Trinity Church. The picturesque setting of Gustav Vigeland Sculpture Park and Frogner Park exemplify the city's natural beauty.
In Oslo, you'll be able to select from 173 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Continental - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Oslo City Centre can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and a fitness center, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and proximity to shopping.
- THE THIEF - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Frogner can enjoy access to a marina and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi.
- Losby Gods - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a golf course and the ski slopes, along with free WiFi.
Other favorite sights in Oslo include Karl Johan Street, Royal Palace, and Holmenkollen Ski Jump.
Getting Around Oslo
With so many transportation options, exploring all of Oslo is simple. Walk to nearby metro stations like Jernbanetorget T-Station, Dronningens Gate Tram Station, and Kirkeristen Tram Station. If you want to journey outside of the area, hop aboard a train from Oslo Central Station, Oslo Central Station, or Nationaltheatret Station.
Dressing for Oslo
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 44°F and the nighttime average to be 19°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 67°F during the day and 29°F at night
- July through September averages 72°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 53°F during the day and 22°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Oslo is 29.33 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 68°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 20°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Oslo?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Oslo, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Oslo?
What's the best place to stay for a family holiday in Oslo?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic holiday to Oslo?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Oslo?
What's the best accommodation option for a beach holiday in Oslo?
What's the best high-end hotel in Oslo?
What's the best boutique-style accommodation in Oslo?
What's the best hotel for a golf holiday in Oslo?
What's the best accommodation option for a trip to the slopes in Oslo?
Recent Reviews in Oslo
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Oslo airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Oslo?
- Where to stay near top Oslo attractions?
- More accommodation types in Oslo
- What kind of hotels are in Oslo?
- Which hotel chains are in Oslo?
- What are the most popular hotels in Oslo?
- Are there hotels near Oslo?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends