Families will find kid-friendly activities in Opfikon, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and walkable, this city attracts tourists with its shopping and local tours. Top sights around the area include Shopping Center Glatt, Zoo Zurich, and Swiss National Museum.
- There are 10 hotels and other accommodations in Opfikon
- The closest major airport is in Zurich (ZRH) 2.6 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Opfikon
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Shopping Center Glatt, Zoo Zurich, and Swiss National Museum. Additionally, in the area you'll find Kunsthaus Zurich and Fraumuenster.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Opfikon. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Kameha Grand Zurich, Autograph Collection - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Glattbrugg can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Movenpick Hotel Zuerich-Airport - Our customers like the quiet location and helpful staff at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Glattbrugg can enjoy access to 3 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
- Dorint Airport-Hotel Zürich - This 4-star hotel in Glattbrugg features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a 24-hour fitness center. Expedia customers like its central location and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Bahnhofstrasse, located 4.5 mi (7.2 from the heart of the city, and Swiss Science Center Technorama, which is 10.6 mi (17.1 away.
Getting Around Opfikon
Walk to nearby metro stations like Opfikon S-Bahn, Glattbrugg Tram Stop, and Glattbrugg S-Bahn. If you'd like to venture out around the area, you may want a car rental for your journey.
Dressing for Opfikon
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 54°F and the nighttime average to be 26°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 74°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September averages 76°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 62°F during the day and 27°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Opfikon is 42.91 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 74°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 28°F