History buffs will enjoy exploring Oaxaca, and visitors give high marks for the local tours. Tourists who journey to this culturally-rich city can discover its cathedral, art, and museums.
- There are 156 hotels and other accommodations in Oaxaca
- The closest major airport is in Oaxaca, Oaxaca (OAX-Xoxocotlan Intl.) 6.7 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Oaxaca
Known for its art, museums, and festivals, the city's cultural venues include Museum of Oaxacan Painters, Macedonio Alcala Theater, and Museum of Contemporary Art of Oaxaca. Its cathedral and historic sites are notable and landmarks include San Felipe Neri Temple. The picturesque setting of Oaxaca Ethnobotanical Garden and El Llano Park exemplify the city's natural beauty.
In Oaxaca, you'll find 156 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Marialicia Suites - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a terrace, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Suites Xadani - Our customers like the helpful staff at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features an outdoor pool, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Hotel Parador de Alcalá Oaxaca - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its room size and walkable location.
Dressing for Oaxaca
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 87°F and the nighttime average to be 47°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 56°F at night
- July through September averages 82°F during the day and 57°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 79°F during the day and 47°F at night
- About 45.71 inches of rain falls on Oaxaca each year
- Hottest months are usually April and May with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 48°F