Search Newbury, England Hotels from AU$73
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Newbury, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its golf courses. Top sights around the area include Oracle, Mapledurham House and Watermill, and Madejski Stadium.
- There are 35 hotels and other accommodations in Newbury
- The closest major airport is in Oxford (OXF) 47.9 from the city center
- The next closest is in Southampton (SOU) 50.2 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Newbury
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Shaw House, Donnington Castle, and Welford Park. Golfing is a top activity, and Deanwood Park Golf Course is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Newbury Town Hall and West Berkshire Museum.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 35 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Newbury. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Bow River House - Amenities at this 4-star bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast.
- Central Gate Apartments by House of Fisher - Our customers like the location at this apartment. With a stay at this 3.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to parking and laundry facilities, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Ye Olde Red Lion - With a stay at this 3-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Oracle, located 15.6 mi (25.1 from the heart of the city, and Mapledurham House and Watermill, which is 13.7 mi (22.1 away.
Getting Around Newbury
To explore the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Newbury Station or Newbury Racecourse Station. Newbury may not have many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Newbury
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 53°F and the nighttime average to be 34°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 70°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September averages 73°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 61°F during the day and 37°F at night
- Newbury gets about 1.22 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 71°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 36°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Newbury?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Newbury, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Newbury?
What's the best hotel for a family holiday to Newbury?
What's the best hotel for a romantic holiday to Newbury?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Newbury?
What's the best high-end hotel in Newbury?
What's the best hotel for a golf holiday in Newbury?
What's the best accommodation in Newbury to absorb the local history?
Recent Reviews in Newbury
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Newbury airport?
- Where to stay near top Newbury attractions?
- More accommodation types in Newbury
- Which hotel chains are in Newbury?
- What are the most popular hotels in Newbury?
- Are there hotels near Newbury?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends