Visiting National Harbor
Families will find kid-friendly activities in National Harbor, and visitors give high marks for the bustling port, lively bar scene, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its live music, shopping, and entertainment choices. Top sights around the area include Arsenal, Jefferson Memorial, and Arlington National Cemetery.
- There are 11 hotels and other accommodations in National Harbor
- The closest major airport is in Washington, DC (DCA-Ronald Reagan Washington National) 6.6 from the city center
- The next closest is in College Park, MD (CGS) 22.3 away
Sightseeing and Staying in National Harbor
Well known for its live music scene, the city's cultural venues include Art Whino, National Children's Museum, and Capital Children's Museum. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the sunsets and Oxon Cove and Oxon Hill Farm National Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are The Awakening Sculpture and The Capital Wheel.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in National Harbor. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hampton Inn & Suites National Harbor - Alexandria Area - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
- MGM National Harbor Resort & Casino - Our customers like the proximity to shopping and comfortable rooms at this resort. This 4.5-star resort features a casino, 9 restaurants, and an outdoor pool.
- Residence Inn National Harbor Washington, DC Area - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and helpful staff.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Arsenal, located 6.1 mi (9.7 from the city center, and Jefferson Memorial, which is 6.1 mi (9.9 away.
Dressing for National Harbor
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 61°F during the day and 28°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 88°F, while the average at night is 42°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 89°F with nighttime averages of 57°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 74°F and nighttime averages of 29°F
- National Harbor gets about 39.68 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 87°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 30°F