Families will find kid-friendly activities in Murray, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, ski areas, and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices and lakeside. Clark Planetarium, The Gateway, and Temple Square are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 418 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Salt Lake City
- The closest major airport is in Salt Lake City, UT (SLC-Salt Lake City Intl.) 17.6 from the city center
- The next closest is in Provo, UT (PVU) 49.5 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Murray
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Fashion Place Mall is a favorite for retail therapy. Additionally, you might want to add Eagle Gate College to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Murray. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Residence Inn Salt Lake City Murray - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salt Lake City South - Murray - Our customers like the central location and helpful staff at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites Midvalley - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
Top places to visit outside the city include Clark Planetarium, located 8.4 mi (13.5 from the heart of the city, and The Gateway, which is 8.5 mi (13.7 away.
Getting Around Murray
With so many ways to get around, exploring all of Murray is easy. Head over to Fashion Place West Station to catch metro. To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Murray Central Station.
Dressing for Murray
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 58°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 22°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 94°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 72°F as the daytime average and 22°F as the nighttime average
- Murray gets about 16.18 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 91°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 23°F