Visiting Mount Cook
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Mount Cook, and visitors give high marks for the magnificent mountain views. Quaint and scenic, this city attracts tourists with its bars and spas. In Mount Cook, there are 5 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Mount Cook
The city's mountain views, hiking trails, and glaciers provide a picturesque setting, and places to visit include Lake Pukaki. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Aoraki Mount Cook Visitor Center and Kea Point Walk.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Mount Cook. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Aoraki Court Motel - With a stay at this 3.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and laundry facilities, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Aoraki Mount Cook Alpine Lodge - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and helpful staff at this guesthouse. This 4-star guesthouse features free WiFi, free parking, and laundry facilities.
- The Hermitage Hotel Mount Cook - This 4.5-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free parking, and a bar. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Dressing for Mount Cook
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 70°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 47°F
- From April to June, the average is 64°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 60°F during the day and 35°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 70°F as the daytime average and 42°F as the nighttime average
- About 1.42 inches of rain falls on Mount Cook each year
- January and December are usually the hottest months averaging 69°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 36°F