Search Mount Cook, Canterbury Hotels from AU$81
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 3 Aug. 2020
Reviewed on 19 Nov. 2019
Visiting Mount Cook
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Mount Cook, and visitors give high marks for the magnificent mountain views. Quaint and scenic, this city attracts tourists with its bars and spas. In Mount Cook, there are 5 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Mount Cook
The city's mountain views, hiking trails, and glaciers provide a picturesque setting, and places to visit include Lake Pukaki. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Aoraki Mount Cook Visitor Center and Kea Point Walk.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Mount Cook. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Aoraki Court Motel - With a stay at this 3.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and laundry facilities, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Aoraki Mount Cook Alpine Lodge - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and helpful staff at this guesthouse. This 4-star guesthouse features free WiFi, free parking, and laundry facilities.
- The Hermitage Hotel Mount Cook - This 4.5-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free parking, and a bar. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Dressing for Mount Cook
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 70°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 47°F
- From April to June, the average is 64°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 60°F during the day and 35°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 70°F as the daytime average and 42°F as the nighttime average
- About 1.42 inches of rain falls on Mount Cook each year
- January and December are usually the hottest months averaging 69°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 36°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Mount Cook?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Mount Cook, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Mount Cook?
What's the best hotel for a beach holiday in Mount Cook?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Mount Cook?
Recent Reviews in Mount Cook
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Mount Cook airport?
- Where to stay near top Mount Cook attractions?
- More accommodation types in Mount Cook
- What kind of hotels are in Mount Cook?
- Which hotel chains are in Mount Cook?
- What are the most popular hotels in Mount Cook?
- Are there hotels near Mount Cook?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends