Search Franz Josef Glacier, West Coast Hotels from AU$66
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Check Franz Josef Glacier hotel prices
Reviewed on 2 Jun. 2020
Visiting Franz Josef Glacier
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Franz Josef Glacier, and visitors give high marks for the stunning glacier views and top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and quaint, this city also attracts tourists with its cafés. In Franz Josef Glacier, there are 27 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Franz Josef Glacier
Favorite family attractions include Glacier Hot Pools and Westcoast Wildlife Centre. The city's glaciers, hiking trails, and mountain views provide a picturesque setting, and places to visit include Glacier Country Kayaks. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Our Lady of the Alps and St James Anglican Church.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 27 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Franz Josef Glacier. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Westwood Lodge - With a stay at this 4.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a bar, along with free WiFi. Expedia travelers love its helpful staff.
- Aspen Court Motel Franz Josef - Our customers like the breakfast and quiet location at this motel. This 3.5-star motel features free WiFi, free parking, and a spa tub.
- 58 On Cron Motel - With a stay at this 3-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a library, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean rooms.
Dressing for Franz Josef Glacier
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 70°F during the day and 47°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 64°F, while the average at night is 35°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 60°F with nighttime averages of 35°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 70°F and nighttime averages of 42°F
- About 1.42 inches of rain falls on Franz Josef Glacier each year
- Usually January and February are the hottest months with an average of 69°F, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 36°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Franz Josef Glacier?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Franz Josef Glacier, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Franz Josef Glacier?
What's the best accommodation option for a family trip to Franz Josef Glacier?
What's the best hotel for a romantic getaway to Franz Josef Glacier?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Franz Josef Glacier?
What's the best accommodation option to stay near the beach in Franz Josef Glacier?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Franz Josef Glacier?
Recent Reviews in Franz Josef Glacier
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Franz Josef Glacier airport?
- Where to stay near top Franz Josef Glacier attractions?
- More accommodation types in Franz Josef Glacier
- What kind of hotels are in Franz Josef Glacier?
- Which hotel chains are in Franz Josef Glacier?
- What are the most popular hotels in Franz Josef Glacier?
- Are there hotels near Franz Josef Glacier?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends