Visitors to Monticello are sure to enjoy the forests, live music, and theaters. Tourists can also enjoy the city's entertainment choices, churches, and architecture.
- There are 29 hotels and other accommodations in Monticello
- The closest major airport is in Newburgh, NY (SWF-Stewart Intl.) 53 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Monticello
The city is well known for its live music and theaters, and cultural venues include Sullivan County Dramatic Workshop - Rivoli Theatre, Forestburgh Playhouse, and Bethel Woods Center For The Arts. The city is notable for landmarks like South Fallsburg Hebrew Association Synagogue, Bethel Woods, and White Sulphur Springs Synagogue. The forests and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Mongaup Pond Campground, Catskill Mountains, and Hancock Riverpark.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 29 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Monticello. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Catskill Mountains Resort - This 2-star hotel features a casino, 2 restaurants, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean rooms.
- Ramada Rock Hill at Sullivan Center - Our customers like the helpful staff and comfortable beds at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
- Blue Hill Lodge - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Monticello
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 48°F during the day and 10°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 78°F, while the average at night is 28°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 80°F with nighttime averages of 42°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 65°F and nighttime averages of 14°F
- About 48.23 inches of rain falls on Monticello each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 78°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 13°F