Visitors can enjoy all that Monmouth has to offer including the golf courses, monuments, and museums. This city also attracts tourists with its rural and tucked away setting. A top sight in the area is Thornbury Castle.
- There are 9 hotels and other accommodations in Monmouth
- The closest major airport is in Bristol (BRS-Bristol Intl.) 46.3 from the city center
- The next closest is in Cardiff (CWL-Cardiff Intl.) 60 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Monmouth
Notable city landmarks like Great Castle House and Shire Hall might be worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are St Thomas the Martyr's Church and Monnow Street.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Monmouth. This is a top rated place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Church Farm Guest House - With a stay at this 3-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room coffeemaker. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean rooms.
One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is Thornbury Castle, located 16.2 mi (26.1 from the city center.
Dressing for Monmouth
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 56°F during the day and 36°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 71°F, while the average at night is 43°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 73°F with nighttime averages of 51°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 63°F and nighttime averages of 37°F
- Average annual rainfall for Monmouth is 1.18 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 72°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 37°F