Luxury-minded travelers and bargain hunters enjoy visiting Medina though all visitors are sure to find plenty to see and do. Tourists can also enjoy the city's sightseeing tours, archaeological sites, and waterfalls.
- There are 156 hotels and other accommodations in Medina
- The closest major airport is in Medina (MED-Prince Mohammad Bin Abdulaziz) 56.7 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Medina
The city is notable for landmarks like Uhud Battle Field, Prophet's Mosque, and Baqi Cemetery. The city's natural beauty is on display at Mount Uhud, Jabal Ahad Garden Park, and King Fahad Garden. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Taibah University and Prince Mohammed bin Abdul Aziz Stadium.
In Medina, you'll be able to select from 156 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Dallah Taibah Hotel - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a business center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff.
- Pullman Zamzam Madina - Our customers like the convenient parking and WiFi at this hotel. With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 4 restaurants and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Crowne Plaza Madinah - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free valet parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff.
Dressing for Medina
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 90°F during the day and 53°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 109°F, while the average at night is 66°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 103°F with nighttime averages of 54°F
- Average annual rainfall for Medina is 0.20 inches
- Usually June and July are the hottest months with an average of 109°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 55°F