Search Matera, Basilicata Hotels from AU$95
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Upscale lodging choices in Matera make it a great destination for luxury-minded travelers, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the local tours, spas, and churches. This city also attracts tourists with its coffeehouses.
- There are 140 hotels and other accommodations in Matera
- The closest major airport is in Bari (BRI-Karol Wojtyla) 53.6 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Matera
Cultural venues in the city include Museo Nazionale Ridola, Domenico Ridola National Archaeological Museum, and Museo della Scultura Contemporanea. Its historic sites and churches are notable and landmarks include Palombaro Lungo, San Giovanni Battista Church, and Chiesa di Santa Lucia alle Malve. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Tramontano Castle and Cathedral of Matera.
In Matera, you'll be able to select from 140 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- La Dimora di Metello - Amenities at this guesthouse include free breakfast and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Residenza dei Suoni - With a stay at this 1-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and laundry facilities, along with free WiFi.
- Sextantio Le Grotte Della Civita - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a bar. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and location.
Dressing for Matera
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 64°F and the nighttime average to be 43°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 85°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September averages 89°F during the day and 61°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 78°F during the day and 46°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Matera is 0.98 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 44°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Matera?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Matera, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Matera?
What's the best accommodation option for families in Matera?
What's the best hotel for a romantic holiday to Matera?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Matera?
What's the best high-end hotel in Matera?
What's the best boutique accommodation in Matera?
What's the best hotel in Matera that's close to historical sites?
Recent Reviews in Matera
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Matera airport?
- Where to stay near top Matera attractions?
- More accommodation types in Matera
- Which hotel chains are in Matera?
- What are the most popular hotels in Matera?
- Are there hotels near Matera?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends