Travelers to Maldives will find plenty to explore and enjoy. In Maldives, there are 547 hotels and other accommodations to choose from. The closest major airport is in Male (MLE-Male Intl.) 86.8 from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Maldives
Favorite places to visit in the city include Dhangethi Beach, Dhigurah Beach, and Villingilivaru Island Pier. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Ranveli Beach and Dhidhoofinolhu Marina.
In Maldives, you'll be able to select from 547 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Milaidhoo Island Maldives - With a stay at this 5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 3 restaurants, along with a private pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff.
- JA Manafaru - Our customers like the helpful staff and WiFi at this resort. With a stay at this 5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with a private plunge pool.
- Ayada Maldives - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, a private beach, and 6 restaurants. Expedia customers like its beach locale and helpful staff.
Dressing for Maldives
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 89°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 78°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 79°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 78°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 86°F as the daytime average and 77°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Maldives is 75.16 inches
- April and March are usually the hottest months averaging 88°F, while November and October are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 77°F