Search Lyon, Auvergne-Rhone-Alpes Hotels from AU$68
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 13 Aug. 2019
Reviewed on 8 Jul. 2020
History buffs will enjoy exploring Lyon, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its theaters, museums, and cathedral. Top sights in the city include Lyon City Hall, Terreaux Square, and Lyon Museum of Fine Arts.
- There are 603 hotels and other accommodations in Lyon
- The closest major airport is in Lyon (LYS-Saint-Exupery) 19.3 from the city center
- The next closest is in Saint-Etienne (EBU-Saint-Etienne - Loire Intl.) 49.5 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lyon
The city is well known for its theaters and museums, and cultural venues include Lyon Museum of Fine Arts, Lyon Opera, and Gallo-Roman Museum. Its cathedral and historic sites are notable and landmarks include Terreaux Square, St. Jean Cathedral, and Bellecour Square. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Halles de Lyon - Paul Bocuse, Part Dieu Mall, and Lyon Confluence Shopping Center.
In Lyon, there are 603 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Lodges Laô - Amenities at this guesthouse include free breakfast and a restaurant.
- Pavillon De La Rotonde - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, a casino, and a restaurant.
Other favorite sights in Lyon include Lyon City Hall, Basilica of Notre-Dame de Fourvière, and Tete d'Or Park. Top places to visit around the area include Temple d'Auguste et de Livie, located 16.8 mi (27.1 from the city center, and Theatre Antique, which is 16.9 mi (27.2 away.
Getting Around Lyon
With so many ways to get around, exploring Lyon is easy. You can take advantage of metro transit at Hotel de Ville - Louis Pradel Station, Croix Paquet Station, and Cordeliers Bourse Station. If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Lyon Saint Paul Station, Lyon Perrache Station, or Lyon Part-Dieu Station.
Dressing for Lyon
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 58°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 29°F
- From April to June, the average is 78°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 80°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 67°F as the daytime average and 31°F as the nighttime average
- Lyon gets about 1.18 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 31°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Lyon?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Lyon, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Lyon?
What's the best place to stay when travelling with children to Lyon?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic getaway to Lyon?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Lyon?
What's the best hotel to stay near the beach in Lyon?
What's the best high-end hotel in Lyon?
What's the best boutique hotel in Lyon?
What's the best accommodation for a golf trip to Lyon?
What's the best accommodation in Lyon that's close to historical sites?
Recent Reviews in Lyon
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Lyon airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Lyon?
- Where to stay near top Lyon attractions?
- More accommodation types in Lyon
- What kind of hotels are in Lyon?
- Which hotel chains are in Lyon?
- What are the most popular hotels in Lyon?
- Are there hotels near Lyon?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends