Search Kota Kinabalu, Sabah Hotels from AU$27
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 25 Sep. 2020
Reviewed on 24 Feb. 2020
Reviewed on 29 Feb. 2020
Visiting Kota Kinabalu
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Kota Kinabalu, and visitors give high marks for the bustling marina. This city also attracts tourists with its parks. Top sights in the city include Sabah State Mosque, Likas Stadium, and 1 Borneo Hypermall.
- There are 321 hotels and other accommodations in Kota Kinabalu
- The closest major airport is in Kota Kinabalu (BKI-Kota Kinabalu Intl.) 6.6 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Kota Kinabalu
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the parks and these places to visit: KK Esplanade, Signal Hill Observatory Platform, and Kota Kinabalu Wetlands Centre. Boating is one of the top activities, while Jesselton Point Ferry Terminal, Sutera Harbour, and Borneo Golf and Country Club are favorite sights to visit. Other notable sights to explore include Sabah State Mosque and Likas Stadium.
In Kota Kinabalu, there are 321 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hilton Kota Kinabalu - This 4.5-star hotel in Downtown Kota Kinabalu features 2 restaurants, an outdoor pool, and a 24-hour fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- SKYPOD Hostel - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hostel. With a stay at this 2-star hostel, guests can enjoy access to 5 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
- Shangri-La's Rasa Ria Resort & Spa - This 5-star resort features 2 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and a golf course. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
Other top sights in Kota Kinabalu include 1 Borneo Hypermall and Lok Kawi Wildlife Park.
Getting Around Kota Kinabalu
With so many transportation options, seeing Kota Kinabalu is a breeze. If you want to venture outside of the area, hop aboard a train at Tanjung Aru Station. You can explore your water travel options at the marina.
Dressing for Kota Kinabalu
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 87°F and the nighttime average to be 76°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 76°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 76°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 87°F during the day and 76°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Kota Kinabalu is 3.66 inches
- Hottest months are usually April and May with an average temperature of 89°F, while the coldest months are June and January with an average of 76°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Kota Kinabalu?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Kota Kinabalu, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Kota Kinabalu?
What's the best place to stay for families in Kota Kinabalu?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic getaway to Kota Kinabalu?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Kota Kinabalu?
What's the best place to stay for a beach holiday in Kota Kinabalu?
What's the best luxury accommodation option in Kota Kinabalu?
What's the best boutique hotel in Kota Kinabalu?
What's the best place to stay if I'm looking to play golf in Kota Kinabalu?
What are some hotels with pools in Kota Kinabalu?
Recent Reviews in Kota Kinabalu
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Kota Kinabalu airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Kota Kinabalu?
- Where to stay near top Kota Kinabalu attractions?
- More accommodation types in Kota Kinabalu
- What kind of hotels are in Kota Kinabalu?
- Which hotel chains are in Kota Kinabalu?
- What are the most popular hotels in Kota Kinabalu?
- Are there hotels near Kota Kinabalu?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends