Search Ko Yao Yai, Phuket Hotels from AU$26
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Visiting Ko Yao Yai
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Ko Yao Yai, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy all the city has to offer including its live music. Around the area, top sights include Phuket Butterfly Garden and Insect World, Nopparat Thara Beach, and Ao Nang Beach.
- There are 15 hotels and other accommodations in Ko Yao Yai
- The closest major airport is in Phuket (HKT-Phuket Intl.) 31.6 from the city center
- The next closest is in Krabi (KBV-Krabi Intl.) 46.1 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ko Yao Yai
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Loh Paret Beach, Fasai Beach, and Khai Island. Boating is a top activity, and Loh Jark Pier is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are At Lamiya Mosque and Ao Phang-nga National Park.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 15 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Ko Yao Yai. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Santhiya Koh Yao Yai Resort & Spa - With a stay at this 5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and bathrooms.
- Koh Yao Yai Hillside Resort - Our customers like the pool and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- GLOW Elixir Koh Yao Yai - With a stay at this 4-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with a private patio.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Phuket Butterfly Garden and Insect World, located 15.2 mi (24.5 from the heart of the city, and Nopparat Thara Beach, which is 16.1 mi (25.9 away.
Dressing for Ko Yao Yai
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 93°F and the nighttime average to be 72°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 93°F during the day and 75°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 75°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 89°F during the day and 73°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Ko Yao Yai is 2.91 inches
- Hottest months are usually March and February with an average temperature of 92°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 72°F