Visiting Ko Lanta
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Ko Lanta, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and lively bar scene. This city's relaxing setting also attracts tourists. A top sight in the area is Ko Jum Beach.
- There are 406 hotels and other accommodations in Ko Lanta
- The closest major airport is in Krabi (KBV-Krabi Intl.) 51.3 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Ko Lanta
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Klong Dao Beach, Kawkwang Beach, and Long Beach. Snorkeling is a top activity, and Sala Dan Pier is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Muzeum Techniki and Sala Dan Community School.
In Ko Lanta, you'll be able to select from 406 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- SER-EN-DIP-I-TY - This 2.5-star guesthouse features free WiFi, free parking, and a terrace.
- Pimalai Resort And Spa - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this resort. With a stay at this 5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi.
- Baan KanTiang See Villa Resort - With a stay at this 3.5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its beach locale and pool.
One of the popular sights outside the city is Ko Jum Beach, located 11.6 mi (18.7 from the city center.
Dressing for Ko Lanta
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 93°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 73°F
- From April to June, the average is 93°F during the day and 76°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 75°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 88°F as the daytime average and 73°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Ko Lanta is 3.07 inches
- April and March are usually the hottest months averaging 93°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 73°F