Those traveling to Klaten are sure to enjoy the sights to see and things to do. In Klaten, there are 2 hotels and other accommodations to choose from. The closest major airport is in Surakarta (SOC-Adisumarmo Intl.) 24.4 from the city center. The next closest is in Yogyakarta (JOG-Adisucipto Intl.) 25.5 away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Klaten
Places to visit in the larger region include Pemandian Jolotundo, Plaosan Temple, and Lumbung Temple. You'll also find Sewu Temple and Sojiwan Temple in the area.
As you plan your trip to Klaten, you might not find the perfect accommodation in the heart of the city, but here are lodging options around the area.
- Tjokro Hotel Klaten is 3.9 mi from the center of Klaten. This 3.5-star hotel in Klaten features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Hotel NEO+ Awana is 6.4 mi from central Klaten. Guests who stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast in Klaten can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Melia Purosani Hotel is located 21.1 mi from the heart of Klaten. This 3.5-star hotel in Yogyakarta features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Dressing for Klaten
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 89°F and the nighttime average to be 75°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 75°F at night
- July through September averages 93°F during the day and 73°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 93°F during the day and 73°F at night
- Klaten gets about 51.22 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually September and October with an average temperature of 93°F, while the coldest months are September and August with an average of 73°F