Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Kamloops, and visitors give high marks for the riverfront, magnificent mountain views, and ski areas. Culturally-rich and scenic, this city also attracts tourists with its hockey games.
- There are 106 hotels and other accommodations in Kamloops
- The closest major airport is in Kamloops, BC (YKA) 8.9 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Kamloops
Cultural venues in the city include Kamloops Art Gallery, Sagebrush Theatre, and Kamloops Museum and Archives. The riverfront, mountain views, and gardens highlight the city's natural beauty, and Pioneer Park, Exhibition Park, and Riverside Park are worth a visit. Biking, skiing, and wildlife viewing are top activities, while sights to visit include Kamloops Rivers Trail, Sun Peaks Ski Mountain, and Sun Peaks Resort.
In Kamloops, you'll be able to select from 106 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Lakeside Country Inn - Amenities at this 3-star bed & breakfast include free WiFi and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean rooms.
- Comfort Inn & Suites - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Fairfield Inn and Suites Kamloops - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and convenient parking.
Getting Around Kamloops
To explore the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Kamloops Station or Kamloops North Station. Kamloops may not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Kamloops
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 56°F and the nighttime average to be 17°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 80°F during the day and 33°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 64°F during the day and 19°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Kamloops is 0.43 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 80°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 20°F