Search Houston, Texas Hotels from AU$95
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 22 Sep. 2020
Reviewed on 14 Sep. 2020
Reviewed on 14 Sep. 2020
Travelers to Houston give high marks for the fun sporting events, popular theater scene, and live music scene. Tourists who journey to this vibrant city can discover its entertainment choices, festivals, and art. Top sights in the city include Discovery Green, Houston Zoo, and Johnson Space Center - NASA.
- There are 900 hotels and other accommodations in Houston
- The closest major airport is in Houston, TX (HOU-William P. Hobby) 14.4 from the city center
- The next closest is in Houston, TX (IAH-George Bush Intercontinental) 25.4 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Houston
Known for its theaters, live music, and festivals, the city's cultural venues include Johnson Space Center - NASA, Menil Collection, and Children's Museum of Houston. Attractions like Houston Zoo, Kemah Boardwalk, and Downtown Aquarium are fun for kids of all ages. The picturesque setting of Discovery Green and Memorial Park exemplify the city's natural beauty.
In Houston, there are 900 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston West - Katy - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Energy Corridor can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff.
- Houston Towers - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with a private pool.
- Honey Farm Bed & Breakfast - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
Other favorite sights in Houston include Toyota Center, Minute Maid Park, and Houston Natural Science Museum.
Getting Around Houston
With so many ways to get around, exploring Houston is easy. Nearby metro stations include Main Street Square Station, Preston Station, and Bell Station. If you want to venture outside of the area, hop aboard a train at Houston Station.
Dressing for Houston
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 77°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 43°F
- From April to June, the average is 93°F during the day and 56°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 96°F during the day and 66°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 86°F as the daytime average and 42°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Houston is 49.80 inches
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 94°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 44°F