Search Heidelberg, Baden-Wuerttemberg Hotels from AU$86
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 14 Jul. 2020
Reviewed on 17 Jan. 2020
Reviewed on 1 Jan. 2020
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Heidelberg, and visitors give high marks for the shopping. This walkable city also attracts tourists with its cafés and local tours. A top sight in the city is Heidelberg Castle.
- There are 70 hotels and other accommodations in Heidelberg
- The closest major airport is in Mannheim (MHG) 14.5 from the city center
- The next closest is in Frankfurt (FRA-Frankfurt Intl.) 71.9 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Heidelberg
Cultural venues in the city include Deutsches Verpackungs Museum, Kurpfälzisches Museum, and Heidelberg Theater and Orchestra. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Heidelberg Castle, Student Jail, and Friedrich Ebert Memorial. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Neckarwiese and Leinpfad.
In Heidelberg, there are 70 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Boutique Hotel Heidelberg Suites - Small Luxury Hotels - With a stay at this hotel in Neuenheim, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Hotel Chester Heidelberg - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a fitness center.
- Hotel Europäischer Hof Heidelberg - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and an indoor pool. Expedia customers like its helpful staff.
Getting Around Heidelberg
With so many choices for transportation, exploring all of Heidelberg is simple. Local metro stations include Heidelberg Seegarten Tram Stop and Heidelberg Kirchheim - Rohrbach S-Bahn. If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Heidelberg-Weststadt/Südstadt Station, Heidelberg Central Station, or Heidelberg-Altstadt Station.
Dressing for Heidelberg
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 56°F during the day and 30°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 75°F, while the average at night is 39°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 78°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 64°F and nighttime averages of 33°F
- Heidelberg gets about 1.14 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 76°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 32°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Heidelberg?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Heidelberg, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Heidelberg?
What's the best hotel for a family trip to Heidelberg?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic holiday in Heidelberg?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Heidelberg?
What's the best high-end hotel in Heidelberg?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Heidelberg?
What's the best accommodation in Heidelberg that's close to historical sites?
Recent Reviews in Heidelberg
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Heidelberg airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Heidelberg?
- Where to stay near top Heidelberg attractions?
- More accommodation types in Heidelberg
- What kind of hotels are in Heidelberg?
- Which hotel chains are in Heidelberg?
- What are the most popular hotels in Heidelberg?
- Are there hotels near Heidelberg?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends