Visiting Great Keppel Island
Visitors to Great Keppel Island are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy all the city has to offer including its restaurants.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodations in Great Keppel Island
- The closest major airport is in Rockhampton, QLD (ROK) 53.3 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Great Keppel Island
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Putney Beach, Great Keppel Beach, and Monkey Beach. Additionally, you'll find Singing Ship and Keppel Bay Marina in the area.
Here's a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Great Keppel Island Holiday Village - Amenities at this 3-star cottage include a free beach shuttle and laundry facilities. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff.
Dressing for Great Keppel Island
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 89°F and the nighttime average to be 67°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 85°F during the day and 50°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 89°F during the day and 60°F at night
- Great Keppel Island gets about 33.23 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually January and December with an average temperature of 89°F, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 51°F