History buffs will enjoy exploring Rockhampton, and visitors give high marks for the riverfront. This culturally-rich city also attracts tourists with its coffeehouses.
- There are 28 hotels and other accommodations in Rockhampton
- The closest major airport is in Rockhampton, QLD (ROK) 3.2 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Rockhampton
Cultural venues in the city include Archer Park Station & Steam Train Museum, Pilbeam Theatre, and Rockhampton Art Gallery. In the area, you'll also find Nissan Navara Arena and Rockhampton Showgrounds.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 28 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Rockhampton. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Empire Apartment Hotel - With a stay at this 4.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to 3 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and room size.
- CBD Luxury Accommodation - Our customers like the helpful staff and comfortable beds at this aparthotel. With a stay at this 4-star aparthotel, guests can enjoy access to an indoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Rockhampton Palms Motor Inn - With a stay at this 4-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Rockhampton
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 89°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 67°F
- From April to June, the average is 85°F during the day and 50°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 89°F as the daytime average and 60°F as the nighttime average
- Rockhampton gets about 33.23 inches of rain per year
- December and January are usually the hottest months averaging 89°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 51°F