Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Glenelg, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, top-notch restaurants, and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming and relaxing setting. Adelaide Central Market, Victoria Square, and Adelaide Festival Centre are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 260 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Adelaide
- The closest major airport is in Adelaide, SA (ADL) 4.7 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Glenelg
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Glenelg Beach. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Jetty Road is a favorite for retail therapy. Exploring the waterfront is a top activity, and Glenelg Jetty is one place to visit.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 21 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Glenelg. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Seawall Apartments - This 4-star apartment features free WiFi, free parking, and laundry facilities. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and overall value.
- Taft Motor Inn - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and beach locale at this motel. With a stay at this 3.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Glenelg Gateway Apartments - With a stay at this 3.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to free parking and laundry facilities, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its beach locale and convenient parking.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Adelaide Central Market, located 5.8 mi (9.4 from the heart of the city, and Victoria Square, which is 6 mi (9.7 away.
Dressing for Glenelg
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 86°F during the day and 56°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 76°F, while the average at night is 46°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 69°F with nighttime averages of 45°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 84°F and nighttime averages of 49°F
- Glenelg gets about 21.02 inches of rain per year
- Usually January and February are the hottest months with an average of 85°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 46°F