Visiting George Town
Visitors to George Town are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's wineries, spas, and parks.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodations in George Town
- The closest major airport is in Devonport, TAS (DPO) 33.9 from the city center
- The next closest is in Launceston, TAS (LST) 58.2 away
Sightseeing and Staying in George Town
Favorite places to visit in the city include George Town Watch House, George Town Memorial Hall, and Bass & Flinders Centre. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Elizabeth Park and George Town Sports Complex.
Below is a top rated accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Charles Robbins - With a stay at this 4.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a spa tub, along with an in-room kitchen.
Dressing for George Town
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 70°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 50°F
- From April to June, the average is 66°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 59°F during the day and 39°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 69°F as the daytime average and 44°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for George Town is 35.04 inches
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 70°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 40°F