Search Dambulla, Central Province Hotels from AU$19
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 13 Feb. 2020
Upscale lodging choices in Dambulla make it a great destination for luxury-minded travelers, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the lakeside, local tours, and temples. This city also attracts tourists with its architecture and spas. Top sights around the area include Dambulla Cave Temple and Ancient City of Sigiriya. In Dambulla, there are 48 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Dambulla
The city is notable for its temples and landmarks such as Dambulla Cave Temple. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and Popham's Arboretum. Additionally, you might want to add Rangiri Dambulla International Stadium to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 48 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Dambulla. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Jetwing Lake - This 5-star resort features 2 restaurants, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and helpful staff.
- Heritance Kandalama - Our customers like the dining options and pool at this hotel. This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 4 restaurants, and an outdoor pool.
- The Paradise Resort & Spa - With a stay at this 4-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 3 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff.
A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Ancient City of Sigiriya, located 9 mi (14.5 from the city center.
Dressing for Dambulla
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 72°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 91°F, while the average at night is 76°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 76°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 89°F and nighttime averages of 73°F
- About 2.44 inches of rain falls on Dambulla each year
- Usually February and March are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 72°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Dambulla?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Dambulla, will I receive a refund?
What's the best hotel when travelling with children to Dambulla?
What's the best accommodation for a couple visiting Dambulla?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Dambulla?
What's the best high-end hotel in Dambulla?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Dambulla?
Recent Reviews in Dambulla
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Dambulla airport?
- Where to stay near top Dambulla attractions?
- More accommodation types in Dambulla
- What kind of hotels are in Dambulla?
- Which hotel chains are in Dambulla?
- What are the most popular hotels in Dambulla?
- Are there hotels near Dambulla?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends